Wednesday, March 10, 2021

To grasp her Who What When Where How and Why

 

To grasp her Who What When Where How and Why

observe minutely with intensive care:

the What her green false-bottomed eye,

her granite smoothness or the musky oils

of shoulders and the scrum of hair

erratic on the nape of her neck;

her Why imposed, appropriately loyal

[inside some wild elusive throbbing check

on such restrictions]; Who I only know

most fully if I spark some laugh or gasp

-ing breath; her How a lithesome sloping flow

of rigid strength; and always here and now

I need her When and Where so I might grasp

her Who What When Where Why and How.


No comments:

Post a Comment

The afternoon light

  The afternoon light on the resting skin of your belly as we lie afterward and talk is the first sunlight that has reached me in weeks.