Saturday, May 22, 2021

Women's Fashion

 

Styles come and go and styles change

and I have noticed (though I won’t condemn)

some women feel the need to rearrange

themselves to fit the clothes that should fit them.

But my sweet wife has no such desperate need

to tailor her soft form when every vision

of every tailor only can succeed

upon my wife without my wife’s revision.

And yet it seems that current styles agree--

wide legs with her legs, high waists with waist,

and short loose sleeves to let her arms flow free--

with Dara’s body so that Dara is the taste

that women wear who live the wealthy life,

while Dara’s tailored for a poor man’s wife.






No comments:

Post a Comment

The afternoon light

  The afternoon light on the resting skin of your belly as we lie afterward and talk is the first sunlight that has reached me in weeks.